- Databases A-Z
- Journals A-Z
- Faculty Resources
- Back to Homepage
- Site Index
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The following circulation policies are for the Schwob Library only. For information about Music Library circulation see the Music Library Circulation Policies.
- Columbus State University Library loan privileges are limited to: faculty, students, and staff of Columbus State University and University System of Georgia institutions; authorized faculty/staff dependents; and authorized non-student borrowers. A current student ID or validated borrowers' card and a picture ID must be presented in order to borrow materials, except for circulating government documents which may be checked out by any member of the community.
- The loan period for general circulating materials is three weeks with two renewals, provided the item has not been requested by another library user. The loan period for reserve materials is designated on each item and is usually limited to a "2 hour room use," "24 hour," "overnight," or "3 day" loan period. Loan periods are set by the instructor who puts the item on reserve. Reserve items may not be renewed. Reference materials, microforms, and periodicals may not be taken from the library. (Copying equipment is available).
- Laptop loans of three hours can be checked out with one three hour renewal provided there is not a waiting list. Laptops must be returned to the circulation desk 45 minutes before closing, and can not be borrowed 45 minutes before closing. Laptops can only be borrowed by currently enrolled CSU students. Students may be liable for replacement charges if the laptop is stolen or damaged while checked out to them.
- Laptop loans of 24 hour are available daily at the Service Desk using your CSU student ID. Although the loan period is 24 hours, these laptops can be renewed daily depending on the amount of laptops available for check-out. Fines for the 24 hour laptops are $5.00 for every hour or part of the hour if it is late. The replacement value of a 24-hour laptop is $1,250.00 plus a $15.00 process fee and any associated late fines. To avoid accruing fine, please return the laptop early or renew your loan before the due date.
- Fines for overdue materials are imposed in order to encourage the prompt return of library materials and thus ensure that all students have equal access to these materials. Fine amounts charged are posted at the circulation desk. By prompt return or renewal materials a student may avoid payment of overdue fines. Materials with outstanding hold requests are not allowed to be renewed. Students with outstanding materials or fines will be sent one notice after the item is overdue. If the item is not returned debt is incurred and the student will not be permitted to register for the next term, receive a transcript, or graduate until the debt is settled. Two bookdrops are located outside the library for return of materials when the library is closed.
- A "hold request" may be placed at the circulation desk for circulating materials that are presently out on loan. The item will be held for the requester when it is returned. Materials with a "hold request" on them may not be renewed.
- The charge for lost library materials (with the exception of a laptop) is a standard replacement cost of $35 for the lost item plus a processing fee of $15 per lost item. The standard replacement cost of a laptop is $2000 plus a maximum overdue fine of $60, plus a processing fee of $15, for a total of $2075. If the borrower finds and returns a lost item within the same fiscal year in which payment was made, a refund will be issued for the replacement cost of the item, but not for the processing fee. Overdue fines are not charged on lost and paid books. The standard replacement fee of $35 applies only to books owned by CSU Libraries (excluding media items, ILL, or GIL Express).