CSU Libraries Acceptable Use Policies
The policies and regulations of the CSU Libraries have been established to ensure optimal access to library resources, services and provide space for study and collaborative learning for all library patrons. Users of the library are expected to abide by all regulations.
- The CSU Libraries strictly adheres to the Columbus State University Acceptable Use Policies set forth by University Information & Technology Services (UITS). All library patrons are expected to abide by such regulations which govern University computing resources and their use which includes (but are not limited to): academic dishonesty, illegal use of shared resources, data security breaches, inappropriate use of username/password information and other activities deemed inappropriate in a public setting. Please refer to the Information Security Policies for complete regulations.
- Monday-Thursday the Simon Schwob Memorial Library will be open until 2am. Beginning at 11pm only CSU students, faculty and staff will be allowed entrance to the library and must swipe their CSU issued I.D. card at the door.
- An electronic security system is in use at the library in order to prevent unauthorized borrowing. Patrons entering and exiting the library must pass through the security system. The system will sound an alarm if materials being taken through the system have not been properly checked out. Patrons setting off the alarm should go to the Circulation Desk so that the item triggering the alarm may be identified.
- Stealing, altering, or defacing library materials is punishable by 2 to 10 years imprisonment (State of Georgia Code Section 2-5-52).
- Alcohol or any tobacco product (including chewing tobacco or snuff) is not permitted in the library.
- Children under the age of 13 are to be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Patrons are expected to be considerate of others using the library. All patrons shall:
- Refrain from loud noises & disorderly conduct
- Behavior disturbing to other library users such as talking loudly on a cell phone or using a high volume setting on an audio device that can be heard by others.
CSU Libraries Study Room Policies
Please note that general library policies concerning noise, cell phone use and food are applicable in addition to the policies stated below.
The following study rooms are available for use:2nd floor: 201-207, 209-210
3rd floor: 301-306, 308-310
- All study rooms are available on a “first come, first serve” basis and are available for students, faculty, retired faculty and staff. General library policies concerning food, noise and cell phone use can be found at the following link: http://library.columbusstate.edu/about_us/policies/
- Groups will have priority over individuals studying in a room. We ask that individuals graciously relinquish study rooms to a group. (A group is considered to be at least 2 or more people)
- Furniture, such as chairs and tables, are not to be removed from any group study rooms. Likewise, no other library furniture should be brought into the rooms at any time.
- Study rooms are to be used for academic purposes only and may not include the following activities: holding office hours, teaching classes, job interviews, commercial activities for financial gain or inappropriate behavior. Patrons found utilizing rooms for any of the purposes above will be asked to leave the library. Continued misuse may involve University police.