- Order and receive library materials, excluding periodicals and government documents, in various formats (books,CD-ROMs, musical scores, compact discs, etc.) for the library.
- Process payments for all library materials purchased (books, periodicals, microfiche/microfilm, CD-ROMs, musical scores, compact discs, etc.)
- Track Library Budget
- Maintain and compile library statistics for Acquisitions
- Receive Gift donations
Policies and Procedures
Primary responsibility for the selection of library materials lies with the Library Liaisons to meet the curricular needs of CSU students and/or faculty. Faculty who would like to place an order for library purchase need to fill out the online order form and send the form to your Liaison Librarian.
Requests submitted by staff and students are subject to approval by the appropriate Liaison Librarian. Please send your request via e-mail, campus mail, or the online order form to the Library Liaisons. To see if our library already owns a particular title you may search our on-line catalog GIL before placing an order.
Orders are placed with various jobbers/publishers according to discounts, availability of titles, & requestors' needs. Several orders are placed online through the jobbers/publishers web sites and then entered on the library's automated system, Voyager. Once the orders are received and cataloged they are visible to the public on GIL.
The Acquisitions Department accepts gifts in order to build its collections, although certain restrictions apply. Please read the Gifts Policy.
Forms and Local Links
Useful Acquisitions Web Sites
- Advanced Book Exchange
- C. Dickens Fine, Rare, and Collectible Books
- The Universal Currency Converter ™
- Library of Congress
- Roman numerals